1 cup Honey
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
8 Pink Lady or Granny Smith Apples
8 Sticks (carved into a point) or Wooden Dowels
Heavy-bottomed Sauce Pan
Wooden Spoon or Silicone Spatula
- Wash apples and skewer, stem side, with a stick or dowel and place into the fridge.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed sauce pan pour the honey and heavy cream and sprinkle the sea salt.
- Over medium heat, continually stir the ingredients until the caramel reaches 260o F. This should take between 25 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and let the caramel cool for 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Or pour the caramel into a mixing bowl and put the mixing bowl into an ice bath, stirring the caramel for even cooling, about 5 – 10 minutes. You want a nice, thick layer of caramel on your apple so when ready, dip your spoon or spatula into the caramel and remove. The caramel should lay thickly on the spoon with only slow drop of caramel dripping down.
- Dip and roll the apples into the cooled caramel, developing a thick layer a caramel and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Cool and set the caramel for a 1/2 hour and enjoy!